When seniors said their GIP programme was slack, cos they had nothing much to do, I couldn't imagine it. But now I finally know what they mean. When my counterparts back at home are busying themselves with work, endless amount of work for some, I spend my days sitting in front of the computer in office, listening to our channel online, taking part in the online chatroom (anonymously - don't think anyone knows that nick belongs to me. haha :P), trying to surf the web for ideas - but seriously, where do I even start looking?
Honestly speaking, the work programme is slightly different from what I expected. I thought I would be assigned work at the beginning, or at least something to do, even if it means just running errands or completing tasks like translating a document. Seriously, anything goes. But then, they don't even have 杂 for me to 打! I mean, it's so bad until I don't even mind photocopying documents for them! hahaha. Okay, that was exaggerated. LOL :P But you get the idea. You know, I expected to attend press conferences, do event coverages, carry out interviews they have arranged with people. But I haven't been doing any of those. I've been looking around for ideas, found some, but it's seriously not enough. haha. I'll only be kept busy for next week. hahaha. My supervisor asked me what I'm interested in, but honestly, there isn't anything that I'm particularly interested in. Of course, I'm more into soft news and features than hard news la.
I feel lost, I have no sense of direction...and I feel bad doing nothing all day. I mean, I know one day I'll have to be independent and look for things to do on my own, but I would really appreciate it if there's someone to guide me along at this initial stage. I mean, I've only tagged along with a reporter ONCE. I surely can do with more exposure.
Do I sound like I'm just ranting and grumbling without trying to find a solution? haha. Well, I definitely won't be doing this if I just have THAT little bit more of things to do. Right now, I dread going to office sometimes because there's nothing to look forward to. SIGH.
Alright alright, I think I should stop sulking and find a way to solve my problem. And I think the only solution is to find ideas quick. I guess that means it's going to be a lot of reading up and mindless hunting around, but at least I'll feel like I'm doing something. I hope. hahaha.
Actually, I'm not facing a very big problem, it's just...I feel lousy not doing anything, no sense of accomplishment at all. Understand? But other than that, I like where I'm working, my colleagues are friendly and funny, so I hope to get more work to do soon to make it an even better experience.
It seems like my thoughts aren't very organised. hahaha I guess it doesn't matter as long as you get what I'm trying to say :P
posted @ 7:31:00 pm |
