So I've been asked why I haven't updated my blog to announce my return to Singapore after a solid 22 weeks in China. Well, I guess it's partly because it's hard to start blogging religiously again after stopping for a while, and I guess it's also partly because there hasn't been much happening in my life since I came back from China. Labels: friends, fun stuff, mary, phoebe, photos, random, school holidays
I came back as immediately as I could (what a weird expression) after my internship ended in China, as instructed by the GOFAR teachers, but erm, since I got back, the GOFAR team hasn't met, and we are only meeting tomorrow -_- I could have stayed on for another week to see one other part of China, or hang around in Beijing and spend more time with my colleagues. But then again, one reason why I made sure I came back on the 13th was because my mum's birthday's on the 14th, and a family dinner at Shangri'la (got discount la) was planned. So how could I miss a buffet dinner at Shangri'la for anything else right? HAHAHA :P
Anyway, I really haven't been doing much since I came back, other than sleep, eat, watch TV, go online, and meet up with people on some days.
And this is one of my favourite photos I've taken over the past week:Don't you just feel like snipping our tongues off? haha :P I don't think this girl has made an "official appearance" on my blog before so let me just briefly introduce her. heh :P She's Sie Yen, or Shiyan, whichever you prefer, and she's two years my junior. I first met her at the newsroom when she was interning at omy, but we were only acquaintances (like totally, I didn't even know her name then). And then remember I had to help out a team of juniors for some Channel U show? Yea, she was on the team too and having a mutual friend in Weiding helped, so we became better friends :)
I met my favourite Phoebe Tan for dinner on the same day, and we had satay bee hoon, ngoh hiang, and carrot cake - all our favourites at Bukit Timah food centre! hahaha. It was super yummy, but super sinful too, so we walked more than an hour to Bukit Batok. Almost killed me, I must say. hahaha :P
And then on Monday, I went cycling at ECP! I don't know why I agreed to go, I think I must have been too bored having nothing to do! Went with Sie Yen and Weiding, and to save Weiding from embarrassment, I shall not say what happened to him. It happened right in front of my eyes, and seriously, till now, I still don't know how that could have happened. He was cycling okay what! Oops, is that too much info already? :PHmmm...I'm thinking if there's anything else. Oh oh oh, I went for this ClubJourn gathering thing last night, and for the first time, I met the legendary Hedwig! hahaha. She's actually quite nice and funny what! :)
After that, Shuhui (yes, Mary) and I hitched a ride from Cheryl and made an impromptu decision to drop at the roti prata place and we had supper! :) I think we talked for slightly more than an hour, and it was really good to talk to her again after a semester away! hahaha :P She's still very much the same, and I really appreciate having this kind of friends. I mean, the kind of friends you don't feel distant from even though you haven't met for some time :)
Alright then, that's basically about all that happened in the last week, and I'm so going to force myself to upload photos and talk about whatever else I haven't talked about China in my travel blog before I go to Bangladesh, so that I can then talk about Bangladesh in that blog when I come back! :)Till the next post then! :)
posted @ 6:05:00 pm |
